Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sixty One Already!

It's that time of year again, where Adoring Husband turns another year older.

The greatest birthday gift was having the impending storms go around us to the north and to the south.

I made a chocolate brownie slice but there are no matches or lighters in the house to light a candle.

We contemplated driving into The Bay to have a birthday lunch somewhere, but eventually we decided to go to our local cafe and get take away to eat at the park. Unfortunately all the tables were taken at the park, so we returned home and parked ourselves in front of the telly with our nosh.

It would have been nice to sit around the finished pool for this private birthday celebration - next year!

Adoring Husband was happy with his gifts from me - a convection cooktop for his new kitchen, a metal welcome sign for his new area and a further completed diary of 'Reasons Why I Love You'.

In 2004 I began writing in a small, thick, purple bound notebook. In it, I list all the reasons why I love Adoring Husband. The first time I gave him the book I'd only made it through about a quarter of the book and I made him return it to me so that I could finish it.

I didn't add more to it until 2011 and then I added more again this year. It's still not finished but there isn't much else to add now plus I want to get a bit arty farty with the pages that I've purposely left blank.

Right now, it is fourteen years in the making! Who knows how long it will be before I present the finished product!

So all I can say is Happy Birthday Adoring Husband.















I love you.

Nite all.

No comments: