Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 26, 2018

Tri-pools

Adoring Husband and I had an appointment this morning to meet the Pool Gal in The Bay to view three different pools that they've built.

Two were brand new, only recently filled with water and one was a couple of years old with established landscaping.

We loved the first pool. The surface colour was very beachy and they had installed the same brand of umbrella that we've ordered.. The water was a lovely soft blue colour that reminded me of the water around the Pacific islands. We could easily picture our pool looking just like that.

It gave us hope that it will be completed soon!

We immediately returned home because AH had SES duties in Scaryborough.

I rode to the shop to pick up some cushions that I'd added to one of our stock orders. They will go nicely on our outdoor lounge.

I shouted myself some lunch at the cafe and sat inside to enjoy it - I forget how nice it is to go solo sometimes.

The worst moment of my day came when I tried to book my train fare to the Sunny Coast so that I can catch my flight to Melbourne on Wednesday - only to discover that there is no early train on Wednesdays and the late train won't get me there in time.

Rethinking my options.

Psychotic Dog Ruby needed a haircut desperately, so I did that, clipped her claws and gave her a bath. It took three lathers to get her clean, but her belly looks like the dirt is so ingrained, it's tattooed!

The Pool Gal then arrived with a selection of little coloured glass beads to choose from - they go into the mix that gets sprayed onto the pool shell. I decided that I wanted all of them, so there will be little sparkles of different colour throughout our pool.

That gave me just enough time to make myself beautiful for the club.

I won a meat tray in the very first raffle of the evening (which I've just realised I left behind! Oops)

That is my day.

Done and dusted.

It's after 10.30pm so I'm off to you-know-where.

Nite all.

No comments: