Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Night Before

Here we are at 8pm the night before I fly to Melbourne and I'm still not packed.

We leave at 7am tomorrow.

I've gathered my camera gear, put it all in a small suitcase with wheels and weighed it.

This is the suitcase that I want to carry with me onto the plane because I don't trust that it will survive a trip in my check-in luggage. I figure it could be stolen or damaged, so I need to keep it close to me.

So two camera bodies, four lenses, two batteries and a charger weigh 10.8kgs.

That's too heavy for carry-on luggage.

So I removed a camera body, two batteries, the charger and the 2nd largest lens.

It STILL weighs 7.6kgs. I'll take my chances.

I currently have many items of clothing spread over the bed. I need five outfits. They need to be lightweight. They need to be crush proof because Vegan Chickie does not possess an iron. They need to be presentable enough to wear in public because there is something planned for every day. They need to be suitable for all weather situations because ... Melbourne!

I need to make a list to check, otherwise I'll be under pressure in the morning and I'll forget stuff.

We had a good coffee morning with the girls, though we missed Lady Lynn, Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced) and Maid Marian. We welcomed the return of Reality TV Queen after quite a few weeks away and The Whinging Pom who returned from her month long holiday.

It was a slow day in the shop.

Adoring Husband and I put the new glass cabinet in place and I filled it with jewellery displays.

AH took all the cardboard boxes because the shop recycle bin is full and The Motivator's recycle bin is full, so the boxes have now filled our home recycle bin.

I wrapped another gift box.

I tied up a couple of the coaster sets.

I selected one of my photos to donate to the local pub for their Melbourne Cup raffle and wrapped it accordingly. AH delivered it to the pub this afternoon.

My last customer of the day bought up big on our selection of unicorns including fridge magnets and snap buttons. His purchases totalled almost half of our sales for the day and I'm pretty certain that his two young daughters are going to be wearing wide grins when he offers them the gifts he took from the shop.

By the time I tied up some loose ends and did a small grocery shop, it was almost 4.30pm when I arrived home.

Adoring Husband showed me the progress that he'd made with the pool landscaping today - the pool is so close, I can almost taste it!

Anyway, best go pack.

Happy Hump Day!

Nite all.  


No comments: