Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 2, 2018

Change of Plan

So my plan was to go to the movies to see ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and then do a train trip to Brighton Beach to check out the location for this wedding.

I began walking, stopped on Vegan Chickie’s recommendation, to purchase a coffee, which was delicious and served by a very happy and friendly gentleman.

I walked some more, approximately two blocks, when I came across Spencer Outlet Centre.

I thought to myself “Self! This looks like the place for you!”

I found the entrance and in I walked.

I was warmly greeted by a very friendly woman who told me I was tiny and scoffed at my choice of size 10 pant that I first tried on. I swear Melbourne sizes are very different to Queensland sizes!

Of the dozen shops that I entered, only one had a less than friendly attendant.

I was rudely reminded of my age when I was chatting to a woman whom I considered my equal, commenting about the clothes and I offered her a top that I was holding and that she was obviously admiring. When she tried on the top, the male attendant asked her if she wanted to show her mother (me). I looked at her and realised that she was about 30, so yes, I could easily be her mother.

Ugh!

I was feeling so young and vibrant until that point!

Spencer Outlet Centre captured my attention for five hours. I spent a lot of money and now have my entire wardrobe sorted for Spring/Summer.

Lunch was lovely in the food court and the coffee was divine.

I must say that the walk back was not as pleasant as the walk there. Walking uphill with a dozen bags of goodies at the end of a tiring shopping day was hard work!

I stumbled upon a fresh juice bar just around the corner from Vegan Chickie’s apartment, so I bought myself a celery, apple and ginger juice which gave me a perfect boost of energy.

Vegan Chickie had made a deliciously spicy butter chicken with brown rice for dinner, so a perfect end to the day!

My gear is all packed and ready to go to the wedding tomorrow.

The maximum will only be 20C so I bought myself some boots to wear in place of the Summer sandals I brought with me. Hopefully I’ll be running around so much that I won’t even feel the cold.

It’s after 11pm. Best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: