Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Hibernation

Total hibernation today.

I felt a little discombobulated and totally unable to face the world, so I remained in bed until after 4pm.

I watched hours of Trevor Noah and Ellen Degeneres and Graham Norton. Informative, feel good and funny.

Adoring Husband delivered food and water when necessary and left me alone when necessary.

On Friday night I was talking to Baker Hater about my trip to Melbourne and she asked some relevant questions about my trip and attempted to give me advice about what I should do at night - just quietly, the only nightlife that I participate in is raffle night at the Bowls Club - so I scoffed at her suggestion of going to the IceBar one night.

She told me that the 'brown trams' in Melbourne were free and I told her that all trams in the CBD are free ...

"FREE Tram Zone – Melbourne CBD. Since January 1st 2015, the inner city CBD has a new FREE Tram Zone. This means that any tram trip you take that starts and ends within the City Centre (designated Free Tram Zone) will be free. This is a new initiative to assist visitors staying in the city to move around."

I told her about the wedding that I'm photographing in Brighton and she told me how dodgy Brighton was and that I shouldn't leave my bag or any valuables lying around.

So I did some research and discovered that it is ranked as the 4th best suburb in Melbourne and has a 5 star rating for safety, eating out, families, schools, parks, clean environment, night life and the many reviews that I've read have been outstanding.

I told her that I was photographing the wedding on Brighton beach where the colourful beach huts are and she told me that there weren't many of them left now.  I felt a bit sad and disappointed about that because I had big plans based on their existence!

I discovered that there are actually 82 beach huts currently on Brighton Beach.

Baker Hater ... I know that you don't read my blog or even know of it's existence for that matter, but ... WERE YOU DRUNK????  Crazy woman!

Adoring Husband has spent the day in the back yard doing pool preparation work so he's been much more productive than I have. He's also been much dirtier and required two showers throughout the day. He made a quick trip into The Bay to visit my favourite (not) place, Bunnings.

Having done nothing all day, I still feel quite tired, so I'm off to bed. It's just after 8.35pm. My daily practice of meditation is training me to go to bed at a reasonable hour every night and create a habit of sleeping soundly. Except for a couple of hiccups, so far, so good.

Nite all.

No comments: