Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 29, 2018

Surprisingly Busy

For a Monday, it was surprisingly busy at the shop today.

There is a large group of ladies in town, without their husbands, for a week long holiday. Half of them came into the shop today, did not buy anything, but promised to return with the entire group on Tuesday. They are excited to be without their husbands!

Just four of them were VERY loud, so I can't imagine how loud they will ALL be when they are in the shop together. That will bring an interesting energy into the space!

The Gypsy returned to work after her two of weeks off. During that time she ran a couple of successful retreats on the Gold Coast, so she was positively glowing.

There was a steady flow of customers in the shop all morning, the last sale was made at about 1.30pm and then I think it was the weather that kept people away because storms were building with lightning and thunder and quite a bit of rain.

I had asked Adoring Husband to cover for me at the shop for the last half hour so that I could have my hair done, but the storm meant that I couldn't ride my trike, and because The Motivator happened to be in the shop, we decided to close the shop half an hour early so that AH could drive me to my appointment.


I love my hair. Future DIL did a wonderful job again.

The storm passed without issue but it's still overcast and there is more rain to come tonight. Storms are forecast for tomorrow and possibly Wednesday ... as long as I can fly out from the Sunny Coast on Wednesday without issue, I will be happy.

I made an easy dinner by baking a butterflied chicken in the oven and serving it with a simple salad.

I'm still not packed for my trip to Melbourne ...


It's almost 9pm, so I'm off to bed. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new sleep regime and I'm feeling good!

Nite all.

No comments: