Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

In Melbourne

My flight on Wednesday was delayed an hour which kind of threw all of our well laid plans out the window and caused a bit of stress and anxiety at this end, but we recovered well.

The flight seemed long. We left Maroochydore at 12.30pm and arrived in Melbourne at 4pm (remembering Daylight Savings). 

I watched a movie on the Virgin App - Oceans 8 - which I’ve seen, but still enjoyed it the 2nd time. I tried to watch Young Sheldon too, but the app decided to freeze and I couldn’t get to work, so instead, I listened to one of my audio books.

Because the flight was late, my booking for the shuttle bus from the airport to CBD was missed.  I had changed the booking when I knew I would be late, but we were even later again, so I had to wait 25 mins for the next shuttle to arrive. At least they dropped me right at the front door so I didn’t have to drag my luggage through the streets.

Chicklet had already left the apartment to spend Halloween with her Dad, and Vegan Chickie was at an appointment, so I let myself in and relaxed, listening to more of my audio book.


It was nice to spend time alone with Vegan Chickie and we sat up til quite late - we’ll it felt late because we were both exhausted - then Chicklet was delivered home at precisely 5.50am! VC took her straight into her bedroom where she spent quite a bit of time before bounding into the lounge room where I’m sleeping to finally give me my hug hello. She welcomed me with her fabulous loosy toothy grin.


We spent the entire day at home, eating and drinking and watching a movie on Netflix called ‘Coraline’, playing a little Dragon Sim and drawing some pictures.


Tomorrow has some rough plans surrounding it, but nothing concrete yet. Maybe a movie, maybe a trip to Brighton. We’ll see how the motivation moves me.

Very warm weather here today and tomorrow will be only slightly cooler. The day of the wedding will be very cool so I’m glad I brought something a little warmer to wear - at least it has sleeves!

That’s about it for me. I’ve typed this on my phone which is kind of awkward and I have just 1% charge left so I’d best sign off fast! 

Nite all.



No comments: