Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 5, 2018

I'm Back!

So much to talk about. So much to tell you.

But it's rapidly approaching midnight and I need to sleep.

I have just this minute gone through the photos of the wedding and I edited a few to send through to the happy couple, just to tide them over until I've got the time to get through them all.

As soon as I sent the pics, they immediately used one of them on their facebook profiles.

That makes me very happy ...


... it was a special moment when they walked onto the dance floor for their first dance and Zoe was so overwhelmingly happy, she burst into tears.

It was a beautiful ceremony. Not on the beach as planned because of the gale force conditions, but when you're surrounded by only the people who truly love you, it doesn't matter where it happens.

So far, so good.

Adoring Husband drove all the way to the Sunny Coast to pick me up from the airport today and we arrived home at around 7.30pm.

Dinner was a bowl of raspberries with boysenberry ice-cream.

I didn't fall asleep until 3.30am Monday morning, so I have some catching up to do.

I'll catch you up on all the juicy details tomorrow!

Nite all.  

No comments: