Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Trivia Treat

Tonight we celebrated the 50th trivia night, which, since they are only held once each month, means that they have been running for five years.

Of course, Adoring Husband and I have only been attending these trivia nights for about 18 months, so we missed all the early excitement and apparently our team's original members made the highest score EVER back in 2015.

A prize was presented to our team tonight and we were happy to accept the credit!

In light of that award, we came 10th out of 12 teams tonight! We only scored 2/10 in the first round and never recovered after that!

Adoring Husband injured his back today, so it was a struggle for him to be there and he suffered through most of the night. It was difficult for him to get out of the chair and walk to the car when the evening was over.

I put some oil on his back before he went to bed tonight, so hopefully that will help him get up in the morning, but I fear that I will be the one getting out of bed early in the morning to work AH's job, then go to my own job after that.

Anyway, the pool is filling quite quickly so we should be able to swim soon!

On that note, I bid you adieu. Just in case I have to wake up at 5.30am to work, I should try to get some sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: