Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Rain Check

My Melbourne story is still to come.

Tonight we attended a birthday party for The Beast. Beauty did the cooking and other family members assisted with serving. The food was amazing (as always) and it was great catching up with so many friends in one spot. The weather was very kind with a stiff breeze keeping the temperature down and the fire pot keeping the midges at bay.

I brought a container of sticky rice home to eat with our GF ice cream. Delicious.

Adoring Husband and I were the first to leave. He was exhausted and I wasn't that full of energy myself. We did stay to sing Happy Birthday to The Beast who turned 70 today.

I had coffee with the girls this morning and before I left, a delivery of stock arrived, so I simply HAD to stay and help open the boxes to see what surprises were inside. I left the shop at 1.30pm and stopped to grab some lunch on the way home.

I missed the Melbourne Cup race - not that I had any bets.

Our pool is filling as we speak ...






... with our minimal water pressure, it's going to take some time to fill. You can see the temporary fencing which is a legal requirement until we've erected the real thing.

Anyway, it's almost 10.30pm so I'm off to bed.

Hopefully, my Melbourne story will eventuate soon.

Nite all.

No comments: