Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 8, 2018

What a Day

My day began at 5am when Adoring Husband woke me up with a painful groan to tell me that he was incapable of working this morning and that I would have to take his place.

AH hurt his back while whipper snipping on Wednesday and is now in excruciating pain. It takes him a good five minutes to stand up from his chair and he is suffering.

So I dragged myself out of bed and off I pedalled to work for AH.

By the time I returned home, I had two messages for him regarding the plumber and the pool guy who both planned on spending time and effort at our house today.

I showered and prepared myself for work, made AH some breakfast and put a snack, some water and some pain killers beside his chair.

After I opened the shop, I checked the mail and two large boxes of Ivy's bags, wallets, purses and scarves were waiting at the Post Office for pickup. I needed a trolley to carry them to the shop!

Seven people in total walked through our doors today and not a single solitary cent was spent.

I broke our record for the least sales!

At 3pm I walked out the back door of the shop to collect our flags when my right foot slipped out from under me and down I fell with an almighty thud. The only part of me that didn't slam into the ground was my face ... although I felt my forehead touch the ground ever so slightly!





I lay face down in the driveway for a while praying that I hadn't broken any bones and hoping that somebody saw me and would momentarily arrive at my side to rescue me.

Or not.

Nothing is broken but it ALL hurts!

That was my crappy day.

On the bright side, our pool is full!


It's 10pm and I'm off to bed because I have to work for AH again tomorrow morning.

One day soon, I'll tell you all about Melbourne haha.

Nite all.

No comments: