Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 10, 2018

Hooray for Monday

I began my day with a celery juice and a swim in the pool with some aqua aerobics thrown in for good measure.

An excellent start to the day.

Our Mondays in The Happy Abode seem to be busy lately.

Because so many shops are either closed all day or they close early, people come to our shop because there's nowhere else to go and it's funny at the moment, because there are three different birthdays happening this week and people have been coming to The Happy Abode to buy gifts - each of the birthday girls LOVE the colour purple!

I thought all the customers were buying for the same person, but after making a few comments and asking a few questions, I discovered that they are three different people who live in three different places - our town, The Bay and the Sunny Coast! All three love purple, so almost all of our purple 'stuff' is gone from the shop.

The Gypsy was in today and we talked and talked and talked ... as we do.

There were some familiar faces come for a visit and some new faces from Bundaberg and Gold Coast.

Adoring Husband arrived at 3pm to buy our afternoon coffee and to help close the shop. He drove home and I rode home on the trike.

As I neared our house, I noticed that the electrician van was in the driveway - they must have arrived before AH because he had parked on the grass at the side of the driveway.

I walked inside to discover the place in a bit of a shambles because the ceiling had water dripping through the light fittings onto the kitchen bench - a LOT of water! AH was in stress mode.

The electricians climbed into the roof in search of the problem and found that the air conditioner was leaking from a three way pipe connection. They took towels to soak up the water that was sitting in a large puddle and to remove the wet insulation.

Thank goodness they were here. They were so helpful. They even took out the light where the water was leaking, pulled it apart and sprayed stuff through it help it dry thoroughly before being re-installed - which they will do in a few days.

The air conditioner is still under warranty, so hopefully we won't need to lodge an insurance claim.

While the electricians were here, we discovered that the pool umbrella wasn't 'grounded' when it was installed, so for legal purposes, THAT needs to be done and could be a job bigger than Ben Hur!

Ugh.

While all that annoyance was happening with dogs barking, water dripping, electricians coming in and out of the house and climbing up and down from the ceiling, AH searching frantically for our insurance information AND the phone number of the air con company and half of the power to the house being turned off for different reasons, I received a phone call from Bubbles to confirm the dates of hers and Knight in Shining Armour's visit in February.

That was a shining light amid the frantic drama!

*Happy Dance*

All that drama has left me feeling slightly drained.

On that note, I am off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: