Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A Stretched Day

It was a long day.

I enjoyed it.

It started with a panic stricken Adoring Husband rushing inside and asking me to follow him outside to identify a snake ...


Luckily, it was a harmless python, so AH used a rake to put it into a bin with a lid and then set it free in the National Park bushland.

Meditation, as always, was fantastic and the strength that we talked about practicing this week was 'Calm' - which was very appropriate for me after a week of feeling the opposite of calm!

Even though the caravan park is very empty at the moment, there are a lot of holiday-makers in town and thankfully, they have been coming into the shop to purchase Christmas gifts for grandchildren.

Secret Santa gifts are still selling like hotcakes and it's funny how I can predict who will walk out the door empty handed, who will spend much less than the suggested value, who will spend EXACTLY the suggested value and who will not care how much they spend - as long as the gift is appropriate.

Adoring Husband came to the shop at closing time and brought in the flags, signs and seats before rushing back home because he was worried about the air conditioner breaking again.

What he didn't do was take the 'open' sign down and replace it with the 'closed' sign.

A customer walked in within seconds of him walking out. It was about 3.15pm.

She spent almost $100 and left, but returned about seven  minutes later with a friend. She spent another $25 and the friend vowed to return tomorrow to purchase her Secret Santa gift.

It was 4.20pm by the time I left the shop and pedalled home.

Adoring Husband had disappeared by the time I got home, so I turned on the oven and put the chicken in to cook for dinner, changed into my swimmers and headed outside to the pool. I followed my usual routine, doing my exercises and laps and enjoyed about an hour in the water.

I paired my phone to the new sound bar and played music from my playlist. The water was the perfect temperature and I only left the pool to finish preparing dinner, otherwise I might have stayed for another hour or so.

I love our pool.

Tonight, we tried the new boneless chicken from the butcher. We chose the one with bacon and the meat was very tender, but I wasn't a fan of the bacon, so I'll try the plain one next time. We had leftover mash and broccoli from last night and I char grilled some zucchini and tomato to go with it.


I think I'm ready for bed now.

Nite all.

No comments: