Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Day of Rest

... and it was.

I remained in bed until well after midday and the only reason I removed myself from that position was to watch a movie on Netflix.

I could have watched it in bed on my iPad, but I believed that Adoring Husband would enjoy it with me, so I got myself dressed and invited him to watch it with me in the lounge room.

That was pointless.

I should have stayed in bed.

He spent 2/3 of the movie reading his iPad and the end of the movie mixing up the dog food ready to freeze in packs.

Then he politely asked "Did you enjoy the movie?"

🙄

The movie was called "Dumplin'" and starred Danielle Macdonald and Jennifer Aniston.

Yes I enjoyed it - life lessons with a bunch of warm and fuzzy and involving real people.

Afterwards I watched the first three episodes of the new season of The Ranch. One of the main characters, played by Danny Masterson, was killed off (because Masterson has been accused of four counts of rape and was sacked from the series) and under normal circumstances, I would have been sobbing at the way they killed him off in the show ... but knowing why, I was kind of numbed to the emotion of it.

The show must go on ... and I just discovered that one of my favourite actors, Dax Shepard, has taken on a recurring role in the series, so that makes me happy!

While I was in bed this morning, Adoring Husband made a run into The Bay to pick up some mulch and then created this ...


... he's a star.

Here are the rose quartz rocks that I told you about ...





Well, we're about to begin another week. I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Happy Monday 😎

Nite all.

No comments: