Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Arty Farty

I believe that it was a huge success.

The Motivator's 'Paint and Create' morning resulted in some beautiful art work and left me feeling very envious!

The paying guinea pigs - being the first participants in the first workshop - left feeling very happy with their pieces of art and happy to return next week for the next instalment.







It was also a good sales day in the shop, thanks to a frenzied one hour period, otherwise I had time to make up two gift packs and wrap them and do a few other chores including follow up of phone sales.

Somebody from Bundaberg bought one of my calendars via phone call and I will mail it to her on Monday.

The weather was looking ominous this morning so Adoring Husband drove me to work, which meant that he had to also pick me up after work. He helped us close the shop and bought our afternoon coffee.

I was supposed to have a date with The Blonde Bombshell this afternoon, but I accidentally (or should I say 'foolishly') ate some dip with gluten while I was at work, so my afternoon was spent purging the unwelcome gluten from my body instead.

Ugh.

No swimming today due the inclement weather and Adoring Husband laid some sleepers as an edging for a garden bed, which he will fill with some kind of mulch. I will take a photo of that tomorrow, along with the rose quartz crystal rocks that I forgot to photograph today 😳🙄😲.

I am watching "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" with Jerry Seinfeld. It's a bit of everything - funny, deep, ridiculous, interesting, quizzical, questionable, normal, warm, stupid ... I've seen some of the re-runs, but I never watched Seinfeld back in the 90s and I've never been a big Jerry Seinfeld fan. I do like the Jerry Seinfeld of today and I like the way he relates to the other comedians.

I need to go to bed now so that my body can heal from the gluten contamination.

Nite all.
 

No comments: