Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Treatment 4 Me

I only worked half a day today but most of our sales came in the afternoon when I wasn't there!

We sold three more calendars, sight unseen! How weird is that!?

I ordered another batch before the sale ended on the print site but I feel like (and I hope) that we haven't printed enough. This was really just an experiment to gauge local interest and to give us an indication fo how many to budget for with next year's print. It's been a promising start!

When The Motivator arrived at the shop, I shouted myself a treatment with The Gypsy so I relaxed for an hour and let her do her stuff - which she does so well.

We discussed the tightness and problem areas that she found and she gave me dietary and stretching advice to help resolve those issues. She warned me of some emotional release that may be experienced tomorrow (or today as you read this).

I rushed home knowing that Adoring Husband was at a meeting and that our Bali Day Bed was due to arrive any minute.

Thankfully, it didn't arrive until after Adoring Husband returned home and between us, we were able to assemble it in it's permanent position in the corner of the pool area.



It is SO comfortable and I can't wait to laze in it tomorrow on my day off!

By the time we'd finished that, I had no motivation to make dinner, so Adoring Husband and I attended the monthly trivia night on an empty stomach.

It didn't make any difference to our mental abilities ... we were still ... the word 'stupid' might be a bit harsh ... we both had our moments but our scores were average and we had no success with any of the prizes. Between the four of us, we certainly did NOT shine and we missed Blonde Bombshell, who I'm certain would have helped us smash the 'alcohol' round!!

Now it's heading towards midnight and I'm feeling a touch weary, so I'll sign off.

Nite all.

No comments: