Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Bit of a Waste

Adoring Husband and I spent the entire day at home waiting for electricians who never arrived.

Apparently they'll be here on Monday. This has been a wasted day and we could have been in The Bay getting a lot done from our 'to do' list.

The other disappointing news was that the stirrups to hold our Bali Hut securely to the concrete can no longer be provided to us by the company from whom we purchased the hut. The hut will be delivered tomorrow (Friday) but we need to have these special stirrups made for us by an engineering company - we hope the one in The Bay can do that, and we hope they can do it before Christmas!

Bugga.

My first box of calendars arrived today! They're now at the shop. Adoring Husband purchased one, as did The Motivator. I wasn't expecting that lol.

I've been editing some of the wedding photos. A small sample ...








There are still so many to get through! So far the brides are happy with the photos that I've given them - about 40 to this point - there will be at least another 60 or more. They have made the photos their profile pic and page headers on their FB pages, so that's a good sign. People have made favourable comments and that's always a relief.

Weddings are so stressful! I don't think I'll do another.

Anyway, I'm all worn out. I did get to have a swim today in the gale force conditions and between downpours - then I dried out and warmed up in the Bali bed with Adoring Husband and two psychotic dogs.

We had a delicious dinner of corned beef and cabbage with mash and white sauce. I made an extra large batch of cabbage hoping to have bubble and squeak for breakfast but AH decided that it was so delicious that he had to eat the entire pan of it!

I can't complain about him pigging out on healthy food can I?

Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: