Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 7, 2018

The Waiting Game

I've had two days off work and for one and a half of them, I've been waiting for electricians who never turned up and the delivery of the Bali hut that was two hours late.

This left me half a day to get done what I had already put off for two weeks because of other commitments (not mine) and this also meant that I had less time to enjoy the process and had to move my butt much more quickly than I'd have liked so that we could squeeze everything in.

I found some beautiful big rose quartz rocks and purchased three of them to place strategically around the pebble garden beside the pool. (I'll take photos tomorrow)

I also found a stunning giant Citrine crystal cave reduced from $3600 to $1800.

I did NOT buy it.

If I'd had a spare $1800 to toss around, I would DEFINITELY have bought it ... but I already have a fabulous pool in my back yard with a Bali bed, a giant umbrella, fabulous outdoor furniture, stunning garden pots yet to be filled, a water feature to bring peace and tranquility to my world and a Bali Hut in pieces waiting to be constructed.

For ten years I have imagined a pool in my back yard, but not once in my dreams, did it look as fabulous as it does right now and it's not even finished yet!

I visited Tinkerbell's on the Esplanade in search of a blue kyanite ring and while it's not quite what I had in mind, I found this little beauty ...



I absolutely love it.

Adoring Husband purchased a wireless speaker for the pool area ...


... and it sounds great.

I decided to attend the club tonight and just as I was about to walk out the door to get a seat on the bus to come home, one of my numbers was called and I won a $50 meat pack! Right in the centre of it was crumbed steak, which means that every piece of meat in the pack was contaminated with gluten so I can't eat any of it!

We will save it for our first pool party to feed the hoards. (You know who you are 😁ðŸĪŠðŸ˜)

It's almost 11pm and I have to work tomorrow, so I'm off!

Nite all.

No comments: