Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Mighty Hot

It was 32C at 9.30am today.

Adoring Husband spent the entire day between his shed and the new kitchen rearranging things, tidying things, culling things and putting all of his tools and 'stuff' that he's been using in the pool process back into the shed to make room in the kitchen for actual kitchen stuff.

It was a job and a half.

I spent more than two hours in the pool.

I made lunch for us.

I watched 'Slumdog Millionaire' for the very first time and I am very disappointed that I didn't watch it sooner, given that it's ten years old! What an amazing movie ... and I do love Dev Patel.

I edited some wedding photos. SO many MORE to do yet.

I did some washing.

AH found a box of goodies in the shed and I sorted through it. Half of the goodies weren't that good, so they got tossed. The remainder were special items that belonged to Mum & Dad, like coffee cups, a teapot and sugar bowl. There was also a breakfast tray - stainless steel and timber - made especially for eggs and toast.

It all needed sterilising after being in the shed in a simple cardboard box so I boiled the kettle a few times and soaked them, scrubbed them and soaked them some more.

I was lucky enough to find a container of frozen spaghetti bolognese sauce in the freezer, so I heated that for AH's dinner and made some zoodles to have with it.

I have no more frozen meals left in the freezer now, so I need to spend a day in the kitchen and build my stock up again.  

I'm ready for bed now, so I leave you with these ...






That last one was just to keep you on your toes.

Nite all.

No comments: