Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Mildly Panicked

At five to nine this morning, I suddenly panicked and wondered whether I should be working in the shop today!

I sent a quick text to The Motivator asking her if she was working. She did not reply immediately, so I rushed into the shower, just in case 'I' was the one who should have opened the shop!

Thankfully, she replied to my text, laughing and telling me to relax and it was my day off.

Whew!

So I chose today to do some landscaping in my nether region (if you get my drift) so that I could wear my swimming costume in the pool.

I bought this costume four years ago before our trip to Magnetic Island.

Mrs Bucket, Woman of Many Talents, Reality TV Queen and I drove north to spend ten days on the Island for Mrs Bucket's birthday. We were staying in a resort with a pool, so I bought the swimmers specifically for that purpose.

I didn't go in the pool and came home from the trip five days early. My swimming costume was shoved to the rear of the dressing table drawer ... until just recently.

I tried them on, only to discover that the sticky plastic patch that protects the crotch area was still intact!

Until today, I'd worn 3/4 yoga pants and either an old swimming top or a singlet into the pool.

I'm here to tell you that swimmers are a pain the butt to put on and I would much rather wear the yoga pants. Humidity is not my friend.

I spent almost two hours in the pool this morning and only got out to make lunch for AH and I.




At 2pm, The Motivator picked me up to attend a La Reve essential oil party that lasted for 3.5 hours.

It was a lovely day and the hostess had gone to a lot of trouble to provide a delicious spread of food and drinks.

I knew most of the fourteen ladies there and it was well after 5pm when I was dropped home.

I considered swimming again but chose to sit on the couch and watch a Bollywood movie before reheating the dinner that I'd prepared last night for tonight.

We are watching Mama Mia as I write this ... well actually AH is snoring in the chair beside me and I'm ready for bed now.

Nite all.

No comments: