Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 30, 2018

Busy Editing

I was so busy editing wedding photos last night that I forgot to do my blog!

I didn't even realise that I'd forgotten to do it 🤪 until Adoring Husband asked me what happened!

All I remember about Thursday is that I worked and it was a pretty good day

The pool got a workout.

I've been exercising - swimming laps - freestyle, breast stroke, side stroke left, side stroke right and backstroke. 50 burpees. 50 twists. 50 running on the spot steps. 10 left and right leg lifts. Lots of floating.

Oh and the umbrella finally arrived!




Now for the Bali Hut and the Bali Outdoor Daybed. Fingers crossed that it's all here before Christmas.

Today, Mama Mia and I caught the bus into The Bay and spent four hours at the RSL. We had roast pork for lunch and listened to the live entertainment of Trevor Judge while we ate. I had some luck on the pokies and bought myself some new shoes with my winnings!

The Motivator manned the shop while I enjoyed my play date.

I didn't arrive home until 4pm and I tossed up between 'a swim' or 'the club'.

'A swim' won out and I stayed in the pool until about 6pm. Adoring Husband joined me for a while too.

He spent the day constructing this ...


It's a path that leads to the pool fence from our alfresco area and it's made out of all the old sleepers that surrounded our raised garden beds which had to be removed to make way for the pool. There is still a bit of work to do on it and there will be grass tufts planted along the edges later as well.

What a clever chook he is!

I'm feeling all worn out now, so it's bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: