Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Productivity Plus

Thank goodness my motivation levels were high when I woke this morning.

I was out of bed before 7am on this, my Sunday off.

I took my coffee outside to sit with my feet in the pool and Adoring Husband brought some toast out to me, so I started the day feeling the love.

I got a LOT done today.

I moved all of my decluttered clothes to the back room and added some more to the pile.

I cleared all of my crap off the dining table ... it was completely covered with both mine and Adoring Husband's crap ... now it's clear to be used as intended again.

I cleaned out the fridge and wiped down the shelves. It wasn't a full clean, but it's much better than it was.

I chopped up, cleaned and packed ten big bunches of celery into water filled containers to store in the fridge for my juicing every morning. That was a big job!

I cleaned the kitchen and washed all the containers that came out of the fridge.

I cleaned the bathroom. I tried The Blonde Bombshell's suggestion of hydrogen peroxide to remove mould under the silicone but it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

I cleaned the toilet.

I cleaned the laundry.

I swept the floors.

I mopped 'some' floors - Adoring Husband mopped the rest.

I did four loads of washing.

I did some ironing - perhaps ten items?

I dusted in the family and dining rooms.

I made a pitcher of Margarita mix, a platter of fruit and put some crackers and dip on a plate in preparation for the arrival of The Motivator and Mama Mia who were coming for a swim - our first visitors to the pool.

We swam for about two hours, drank our margaritas, ate our snacks and needed to pee a lot!

I've had a really great day! When I have the cleaning bug and I'm feeling motivated, I really enjoy doing all these chores ... but those days are SO few and far between!

Now that I have my pool ... my goal for 2019 is to hire a regular cleaner!

I think I will sleep well tonight. I'm all worn out. I'm surprised that Adoring Husband is still awake given all the hard labour he did outside clearing everything from between the shed and the fence. I think he did three trips to the tip!

We were BOTH very productive today.

Nite all.

No comments: