Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Decluttering Day

I spent this morning decluttering.

I now have 50 items (shirts/blouses/tops/jackets/jeans) hanging on a clothes rack - mostly labels that will be sold as 'pre-loved' in the shop.

I also have about 60 tops folded in a suitcase that I will offer for free to my friends before I take them to our local Op Shop.

Finally, I have about 30 items of clothing that need to be tossed because they've either been worn to death or they have unfixable stains on them.

My wardrobe still looks full!

I think I still have some work to do.

It's time to get the cards out to do the BIG declutter in the house.

Remember this?


I wrote on the cards

  • decluttering clothes and shoes
  • cleaning out the pantry
  • washing windows
  • washing the indoor blinds
  • clearing the spare bedrooms
  • washing the walls
  • cleaning the ceiling fans
  • cleaning the skirting boards
  • cleaning the junk drawers
  • cleaning under the kitchen sink etc etc
Whenever we had time, we would take a card and complete the task written on it. It should have taken about a month, but it only took about three weeks if I remember correctly.

That's what you have to do when you don't even know where to start!

After I finished my mini burst of decluttering - it was time to swim (but of course) so I slipped into my swimmers and slid into the lovely silky cold water.






Three hours later, I reluctantly climbed out to do some washing and get dinner started. I think I'm a little sunburnt so the Aloe Vera plant will be attacked before bed.

I love our pool ❤️

I think it's time for bed now.

Nite all.

No comments: