Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 22, 2018

My Weekend is Here

Today did not go as I expected, but lots of friendly faces came through the door - that is my friends - which was just lovely. I received lots of hugs.

Two of our new tops and a new bag went to new homes today and one lady bought fifteen little owls!

We ended the day with a 'could have been nastier' storm so there was no swimming again this afternoon.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay to pick up our car which was FINALLY repaired and THIS was delivered ...



It took four men (including Adoring Husband) to manoeuvre it between the pool and the shed and get it to it's final destination!

Apparently one of the men almost ended up in the pool, which would have been interesting because the Bali face would have closely followed!

I love it.

It's all slowly coming together!

I'm off work now until Monday. I have a lot to do and I wonder if motivation will be a factor - like it usually is - I hope my motivation level is high.

I do have a nice social outing planned for tomorrow - at somebody else's pool!

Should be fun 🤗

Nite all.

No comments: