Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 19, 2018

Five Weeks til Christmas

It's sneaking up on us!

It was a steady day in the shop today and I still got to have a good chat with The Gypsy, so I thoroughly enjoyed the working part of my day.

I closed the shop right on time and when I arrived home, I discovered Adoring Husband erecting the pool fence. I assisted him with the first panel and then I quit because it was time for a swim.

I must have spent an hour or more in the water and only got out - for the usual reason - I had to pee!

I LOVE our pool.

Adoring Husband finished the second panel by himself, put away his tools and then he too came in for a short swim.

It was a late dinner for us because we were having a lamb roast and I didn't even get it in the oven until 6pm. Luckily it was a small leg, so we were eating at about 7.15pm, which is very late for us. We usually eat at 6pm or earlier.

A big platter of watermelon slices and cubed mango was dessert.

The other big event today was AH taking Psychotic dog Colli in for grooming. She is looking very trim and clean. Sorry no pic today.

Now I need to sleep.

Looking forward to coffee with the girls in the morning.

Nite all.

 

No comments: