Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Humping Great Day

Today is Wednesday ... aka Hump Day.

What a great hump day it was!

Meditation was fantastic, as always, with more words of wisdom shared among us.

I got to spend the morning with The Motivator while Mama Mia had a treatment with The Gypsy. We unpacked the new clothing line that arrived very early and got to admire all the beautiful colours and feel the fabulous fabrics.












There were also some gorgeous bags in the delivery ...




These bags are so light to carry but with so much room inside! The Motivator has already snavelled one of them and I have my eye on one of the small ones.

My day was spent pricing and displaying the new stock, chatting with Mama Mia, The Motivator and The Gypsy, serving lots of tourists - Canadians in particular, dusting and adding up a great day of sales.

The last customer of the day didn't leave the shop until 3.15pm so I was a little late leaving work and then there was no swimming in the pool today because the concreter had returned to acid wash and seal the pebblecrete surrounds.

It has been more than two weeks since I returned from Melbourne and this afternoon I finally unpacked everything and put my suitcases away!

Dinner was oven baked crispy skinned chicken with a salsa made with tomato, capsicum, cucumber, pear, spring onion and coriander. Yum.

It's already approaching 10pm so I'm off to bed.

I'm expecting a big day tomorrow because I know of six women coming to check out the new clothes. The rack may be empty before we know it!

Nite all.

No comments: