Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Day of Rest??

I wish!

There was no resting to be had today.

I was in bed and asleep by 10pm last night.

I was awake ... WIDE awake at 1.30am this morning.

At 5.30am I tried in vain to rack up some ZZZZs.

I gave up at 9am and we decided then to head into The Bay for our plant shopping adventure.

Nikenbah markets were held today but by the time we arrived, the weather had turned a bit nasty with gusty winds and some dark ominous clouds scudding around, so some of the stall owners were beginning to pack up.

Plants were being blown over in the wind, clothing was flying off coat hangers and solo ladies were scrambling to pack up their goods and escape before the weather really closed in.

However, we were able to purchase a good collection of plants such as yukkas, aloe vera, bromeliads,   pig face and some other spiky plants.

While Adoring Husband was lugging the plants to our car, I found a couple of nice tops and some delicious mangos and avocados.

From there, we drove to Possum Paradise, a plant nursery that once had very reasonably priced plants and pots and garden ornaments and furniture, but today they seemed a bit pricy and we chose to look elsewhere.

It was lunch time so we grabbed some quick sushi at Stocklands.

We did a Kmart run and left with TWO trolleys full of 'stuff'.

I raced round to Target and purchased some boardies for swimming (for me).

By now, AH was feeling pretty buggered so he went to the car while I did a quick shop in Coles - you know, stuff like TP, hand wash, a mop and .... YAY for lychee season!!

We did a Dr Dan stop and bought some Margarita mix and beer.

We stopped at the furniture clearance store to see if they had day beds, or garden swings or sun lounges. They had a fabulous three seater garden swing but it had a big fat 'SOLD' sign on it.

Our final stop was Harvey Normans.

It was meant to be.

Right inside the front door was this ...



... we both sat in it and moaned with delight at the comfort we felt.

There was no question. No doubt. No second guessing. We knew it was ours.

That was our last stop before home.

As soon as we got home, I began mixing up a batch of dog food and AH unpacked all the plants and placed them strategically behind the pool and then mopped out his new kitchen.

Then there was swimming to be done!!

I enjoyed about thirty minutes of exercising and floating, but the weather again was turning nasty with gusty winds and dark clouds and I didn't want to be in the pool while a storm developed.

There was washing to take off the line and some to put on the line and dinner to be cooked and collapsing to be done.

It's now approaching 9pm and AH is snoring in bed. I would like to be doing that too, so here is where I sign off.

Nite all.

No comments: