Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Surprise Saturday

It was a very quiet Saturday in The Happy Abode.

Luckily I had a visit from The Motivator and Mama Mia to bring some interest to the day.

Adoring Husband spent the morning in The Bay.

There was a big surprise party that I had to aim for this afternoon, so I rushed home, wrote out the birthday card, did a quick change and AH drove me to the address.

The guests all had to be there before 3pm because the birthday girl had been taken out for lunch and was returning at 3pm - not knowing that there would be a house full of people awaiting her arrival.

The Blonde Bombshell is celebrating her 65th birthday - and celebrate she should! Considering she almost didn't make it after the terrible car accident earlier in the year. She survived to tell the tale and is still working on her rehabilitation, but always with a smile on her face and a positive attitude.

A good time was had by all and Grumpy Old Fart did a remarkable job keeping the secret and preparing enough food to feed the hoards without Blonde Bombshell ever knowing.

It started with plate after plate of nibbles - crab meat on crackers, layered guacamole dip, cheese platter, home made sausage rolls, asparagus and cheese slice (with a little help from friends).

He cooked up a feast of sticky pork ribs, sweet and sour chicken, beef and beans and fried rice, followed by a huge birthday cake made by Blonde Bombshell's carer and two big platters of fruit.

It was a very successful afternoon and we all had some good laughs and caught up with a few friends whom we haven't seen for a while ...










I arrived home with about thirty minutes to spare before the rains came. There is a storm and lots of rain passing over us as I write this.

I am absolutely exhausted and tomorrow AH and I will be hunting for plants for our pool area, so I'd best get some sleep. It seems so much later than 9.15pm!!

Nite all.

No comments: