Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Second Round

This is one of the fun parts of having The Happy Abode.

Returning holiday-makers who have looked forward to seeing us again on their annual holiday and who are excited to see us still here and doing well.

Not only that, but another travelling couple who are on their way to the Cape, saw us on the Google map when they were looking for accommodation in The Bay and they made a special trip to see The Happy Abode before continuing their journey!

How cool is that?

They spent up big too!

There are some special birthdays coming up in town this week, so I sold quite a few birthday gifts today.

Christmas parties for various social, sporting and crafting groups are about to begin and they all have secret Santas with a maximum monetary value, so I'm guessing our less expensive items will soon be flying out the window.

The Motivator brought her Mum to the shop for a visit. It was lovely to see Mama Mia again. She's a sweetie and obviously excited to spend some quality time with The Motivator while she's here.

It was after 3pm when I realised it was time to close the shop. I was very involved in printing out some important information for tax purposes and the time flew by!

Adoring Husband arrived a little late but we got some groceries for dinner and then hurried home for a swim in the you-know-what.

I love our pool.

I swam, floated, kicked, stretched and noodled for an hour and then imagined how the area will look when everything is finished and we can use the space as a living area instead of just a swimming hole.

AH cooked some snags on the barbie and we had sweet potato mash, broccoli, asparagus and onion gravy for dinner.

It's after 10pm so I'm off to bed.

Tomorrow will be another fabulous day in The Happy Abode.

Nite all.

No comments: