Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Fabulousness

Today was full of fabulousness!

I woke up bright and early after a solid night's sleep and made it to work with plenty of time to spare before the meditation class began.

We had the usual crowd there and it was another inspiring session with some good tools and advice to  bring more peace, love and light into my life.

The Gypsy only had two appointments booked today so we had lots of time to discuss our lives and the challenges and tests that the universe has put in our paths, the way we handled each of those situations and together we celebrated our successes. Every conversation with The Gypsy is a learning experience and I feel a strong connection with her. I always look forward to Mondays and Wednesdays.

It was a steady day for sales in the shop and I got time to finish our new Christmas advertisement for the next town newsletter. I made a lot of changes to our usual ad and it was quite time consuming, but hopefully it will attract the right attention.


It was well after 3pm when I closed the shop and after Adoring Husband and I did a bit of grocery shopping for dinner, I returned home hanging out to jump in the pool!

I knew that Adoring Husband had already been in for a swim today, so I was dreaming about floating around in the water all afternoon. I feel like a mermaid with a new home! I was in the water for about an hour and all my digits were wrinkled like prunes by the time I climbed out. The only reason I got out when I did, was because I needed to pee really badly!

It's now 9pm and I'm off to bed. It's been a fabulous day and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Nite all.

No comments: