Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 11, 2018

First Swim

Don't ask me what I did on Saturday ... I did not work ... that much I know for sure.

I spent a lot of time waiting for Adoring Husband to decide whether he was going to drive into The Bay to wait in the hospital emergency department to have his back looked at. It was THAT painful.

Instead he lay back on the recliner lounge to keep the weight off his spine and allow it some time to rest and recover.

I climbed into bed early and couldn't find the motivation to write a blog post.

This morning (Sunday) it was after 8am when I awoke.

I made myself breakfast to take back to bed with me and I stayed in bed until lunch time.

That was when I walked outside to check on the pool.

It was quite warm outside, so I sat on the edge of the pool and dangled my legs in the very cool water. I moved down one step and sat in the water.

That was the moment that Adoring Husband decided to jump in the water. Luckily, I had an inkling that he was about to jump and I reminded him to take his glasses off!

That would have been a big OOPS!

I was still fully clothed and decided to go 'all in' myself.

After a while, the psychotic dogs became curious and wandered to the edge of the pool, so one by one, we introduced them to deep water and watched them swim for the very first time. They seemed to enjoy it!

Ninety minutes later, we decided that it was time to get dry.

Of course ... we were in the water ... in the middle of the day ... without shade ... for ninety minutes.

We are both a brighter shade of pink for the experience.

I'm looking forward to the umbrella being installed so that I can float in the shade.

I'm looking forward to the Bali hut being erected so that I can sit out there in the shade and give my pruned skin time to reach plumpness again before I dive back into the pool.

I'm looking forward to the pebblecrete being laid so that dusty black sand doesn't float all through the house, through the pool, coat our feet, change the colour of the psychotic dogs from white to black.

After their swim in the pool, the psychotic dogs played in the black sand and I had to bath all three of them - it took a lot of work to get them clean.

I figured I should use my dirty situation to clean the toilet straight after that haha.

We considered swimming again this evening, but the air temperature dropped considerably, so that was out of the question.

Tomorrow, I am off to watch Bohemian Rhapsody (at last) but I'll be alone. Adoring Husband's back wouldn't allow him to sit in the cinema seats for that long ... and he needs to be here for the concreter in the morning. This will be my only day off for a while because The Motivator will have her Mum here for an extended period and I don't know when the movie will be removed from the viewing list.

BUT you know how I enjoy solo movie dates!

It's 11pm so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: