Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday Frenzy

I had big plans for editing wedding photos today.

You know how most of my big plans go.

It was just busy enough in the shop to prevent me from following through or completing any of my plans.

It was another good day of sales. More return travellers. More birthday and Christmas gifts sold. Another milestone birthday announced.

Adoring Husband helped me close the shop and did some grocery shopping, mailed an important birthday parcel before the last mail run and then returned home to construct one of our outdoor settings ...


... pic courtesy of Adoring Husband.

He spent the day in The Bay. He had to drop the car at the repairers to have the rear door repaired. They will keep it there until next Wednesday.

Meanwhile they've provided a car for us that has seen better days. Fraying seatbelts, windows with winding handles (who knew there were any cars like that left on the roads?!), clear glass windows that provide undesirable heating, but at least it has working air conditioning.

He purchased the water feature which will be delivered next Thursday, some boardies and rashies for himself to protect his delicate sun sensitive skin, some coat hangers for our new clothing that should arrive at the shop on Monday, he did a Bunnings stop and plant nursery stop and made phone calls to organise the extras for the Bali hut.

He has been a very busy and productive young man today and is currently snoring his head off in his recliner chair beside me.

This weekend, we will take the time to select some plants for our big plant pots.

It all seems to be coming together nicely and I can't wait for it to be complete so that we can have a 'come and see our pool' party!

Time for me to go to bed. It's almost 10pm and tonight at the club, I was told by some prospective customers that they are coming to the shop bright and early in the morning!

Nite all.

No comments: