Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 12, 2018

Freddie and Me

A BIG THANK YOU to Lady Lynn for coming to my rescue today so that I could attend the cinema to finally watch 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.

She was able to give me a lift into The Bay and was even able to bring me home afterwards.

Lady Lynn is my champion.

The movie was everything I'd imagined and more. Rami Malek was amazing as Freddie Mercury and of course the music had me wanting to sing loudly! So I lip synched loudly!

While I was gone from the house, the concreter levelled our back yard ready for concreting, which meant that the black powdery sand was blown in all directions and filled our beautiful crystal clear pool.

Obviously no longer crystal clear!

It filled the new kitchen.

It filled our alfresco area.

It filled the house - I could slide on our tiles!

He will be back tomorrow to begin pouring the concreting and we will order the new turf to cover the remaining area of the yard that was chopped up in the pool process. Hopefully, that can be laid on Friday.

We had a little problem with our creepy crawly but with good team work, Adoring Husband and I got it sorted. There may be a few problems until all of our landscaping is finished because there is extra dirt, extra stones, extra pebbles and general mess which is putting pressure on everything.

Meanwhile, we had some clothing arrive at The Happy Abode today, so I had to rush to the shop to check it out. I've already purchased two of the items myself! How exciting!

Now I need to make up the dog food to freeze and then hang my washing on the line before I head to bed.

Tomorrow, it's hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go!

Nite all.

No comments: