Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 23, 2018

All Done In

It's been a full day!

Although I didn't get out of bed til late, when I did, I had to act as Adoring Husband's trades assistant while he installed the gate in the pool fence ...



... then I had to prepare my food platter to take to the lady's gathering at Whinging Pom's house.

I packed my pitcher of Margarita mix and my platters and pedalled to her house at 1pm, where almost everybody else was already seated and and drinking and enjoying each other's company.

We ate.

We drank.

We talked.

We laughed.

We swam. (I dangled my feet in the water)


I don't think I've ever seen a more dreadful photo of us all - we look like we are all grimacing rather than smiling. We really were having a good time 😁

After a couple of hours I returned home with enough time to help Adoring Husband unpack and measure the outdoor furniture, jump in the pool to cool down, have a shower and wash my hair, prepare for my Friday night at the Club.

Blonde Bombshell and Maid Marian were the two winners at our table tonight and as an added bonus, we all got a late visit from The Motivator and Mama Mia! They arrived just twenty minutes before we were leaving so we didn't get to spend as much time with them as we'd have liked, but it was a great surprise to see them!

AH had cooked a corned silverside for dinner which was delicious and a perfect way to end the day.

I've had a headache building since about 5pm and I suddenly realised that I have not had a coffee today.

I need a coffee.

I'm going to sleep this headache off and hopefully wake up to a fresh coffee in the morning.

Nite all.

No comments: