Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

What a Day!

There have been warnings for the last 24 hours about how volatile our weather was expected to be, so I was feeling a little uneasy as the time drew near to leave for our lady's Christmas lunch.

The air was hazy and heavy - so much so that it was difficult to tell if the haze was cloud or smoke or dust.

For once, I only looked at the BOM once before I left for lunch and it showed nothing even developing on the radar.

Higgins Storm Chasers warned on Facebook this morning that the weather was so unpredictable that very dangerous storms could develop over a matter of 15 minutes and that we could expect 9cm hailstones and destructive winds, possibly tornadoes.

Scary stuff.

That was at 11am.

Just 90 minutes later, Adoring Husband phoned me to ask if I was ok.

There was nothing much happening around our marquee. Sometimes a strong gust of wind would blow through the trees and bamboo blowing up the leaves that covered the ground, and we could hear thunder in the background, but that's about it.

He told me that a big storm was currently hitting home and that the rain was heavy enough to flood our new outdoor kitchen.

That's when I checked the BOM again and there was a line of very nasty storms to the north of us and to the south of us - a gap in the middle - where we were enjoying our lunch!

The Universe took care of us, just as I had asked earlier in the day.







(I have to mention the amazing lighting in the marquee because The Motivator designed it and supervised the installation. It looks and feels fabulous.)

It was a really nice day and the food was great, though it was cold by the time it reached my table. Three different proteins (ham, turkey and pork) with cranberry sauce and a beautifully presented potato bake on the plate. A plate of salad and a plate of roasted veggies to choose from in the centre of our table. I chose the strawberry tart as my GF option dessert, which was served with a small side dish of whipped cream.

I heard some people complain about the food, saying it was hard, cold and not very tasty, but I disagreed.

By the time we made our way home, the storms had well and truly dissipated and there was hardly any evidence of them, apart from a few small puddles.

The Whinging Pom and I stopped at the bowls club for an hour to play the pokies before we came home. She was very successful. I was not.

After I got home, Adoring Husband recruited my Trades Assistant skills and I helped him finish the pool fence, then I prepared dinner for AH.

Now, I'm feeling quite weary. It's been a big day. Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: