Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 26, 2018

A New Week

What a stinker of a day! It was hot and steamy outside, but the shop was lovely and cool with the air conditioner running and the first sound as each customer walked through the door was a sigh of relief as they entered the cool air.

Monday is a Gypsy day, so we had lots to talk about, as always.

A great Monday for the shop as far as sales go.

Plenty of locals through the door, in fact I greeted the first ten customers by their first name as they entered.

It's definitely gift giving season because most of the purchases today were Secret Santa gifts or Christmas presents.

Some kids' snap bracelets arrived today, along with some unicorn buttons. Three pairs of freshwater pearl earrings arrived too and I sold one pair before they reached the display stand.

Customers were still coming through the door after 3pm so it was well after 3.30pm by the time I left.

It was still very hot as I was riding home so as soon as I arrived, I changed into my swimmers and once again made a beeline for the pool. The water was tepid and we really need the umbrella to cover the pool and keep the temperature down because the hot sun beating on the water all day heats it up.

I expected the umbrella to be here by now. They told us three weeks when we ordered it and it's been about six weeks. I'm ready to put a negative review on their website, so they'd best move their butts!

The water temperature in the pool, according to our little whale thermometer showed 30C.

I was in the water for about 90 minutes and Adoring Husband even joined me for a while.

I love our pool.

I know you know that.

I'm going to continue telling you 🤪.

I have a couple of chores to complete before bed, so I'm signing off now.

Looking forward to coffee with the girls in the morning and sharing all my clothes.

Nite all.

No comments: