Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Stormy Change

The day began hot and steamy and as the girls arrived for our coffee morning, they had worked up a sweat and needed some cooling down, so the air conditioner was set to low.

I believed that almost everyone was out of town and that I would be either on my own or only have one lady to chat with, but in actual fact, I had seven ladies in attendance and it was one of the noisiest mornings we've had!

They looked through my clothes, took and/or bought the items that they liked and it was around 11am when the last lady left. It was a good morning, as usual, but we missed The Brains Trust and Lady Lynn.

The shop was quite busy until around 1pm when weather began to develop into a nasty storm, so people were smart enough to remain indoors.

The Motivator had come to the shop to get some work done, but was distracted by talkative customers and ... me.

She too had ridden her trike, so we both had to park the trikes inside the shop and Adoring Husband drove us home as the weather deteriorated rapidly.

AH and I chose to miss the monthly barbecue at the Lions Park, but about ten of the usual group attended despite the rain, which seemed to pass just in time for the event.

We chose to get grilled barramundi and chips from the local cafe. It's been a while since we did that and it was quite delicious.

I now have a corned silverside in the slow cooker so tomorrow's dinner will be ready to reheat ... I hope to have mash, cabbage and white sauce to accompany it.

It's time to begin thinking about my 'word' for 2019. I've started a list and I have one in mind, but it still doesn't feel like 'the one', so I'll keep searching.


Last year's word was 'fearless' because I was terrified of running the photography workshops - I overcame my fear and the workshops were a hit. I will work harder at recruiting for 2019 and make them a more integral part of The Happy Abode space.

It's only 8.30pm and I think I'm ready for bed. I only work for half a day tomorrow and I'm booked in for a treatment with The Gypsy after that. I may even go for an early morning swim in the morning before work!

I'm still trying to edit wedding photos.

Nite all.

No comments: