Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Testing Tuesday

The air conditioning and the universe have tested us further today.

Four hours after the air con guy came this morning and claimed to have fixed the problem, part of the ceiling in the kitchen collapsed and more water leaked from two new places - one in the kitchen and one in the hallway.

The guy returned and fixed the new problem - hopefully - but now we need to repair the hole in the ceiling ...


The air con company will come to the party and pay for part of the repairs but won't take full responsibility.

Now to get some quotes.

After a very quiet morning in The Happy Abode, the afternoon picked up and one of our very first customers from last year's holiday-makers came in for a visit. She has returned for a three week holiday and was both surprised and impressed with how much bigger our range of stock is now.

I mailed a purchase to Western Australia!

It's bin night, so all the bins got emptied and Adoring Husband wheeled the sulos to the front footpath for me.

The Motivator, Mama Mia and I cleared the training room of the remaining 'paint and create' workshop mess, in preparation for the meditation class tomorrow.

I rode home and after AH gave me a rundown of all that occurred in the house regarding the air conditioning problem, I changed into my swimmers and spent about 90 minutes swanning around in the pool, doing my exercises and swimming a few laps in all the different styles so as to stretch as many muscles as possible and then floating with my ears underwater to listen to the silence and rid myself of all the negative energy that washed over me today.

Bed is now calling me - even though AH has Star Trek blaring on the bedroom TV (I'll change the channel when I get in there - he is snoring loudly) but I'll probably be asleep inside thirty minutes.

Before I go ... a big congratulations to Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver on becoming grandparents again to a gorgeous little baby boy named Jack. So wish I could have a cuddle! Big hugs to you all - especially to Mini Mardi who did all the hard work!

Nite all.

No comments: