Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Inspired Creativity

The first couple of hours in the shop were steady with customers and sales, but it was quiet enough between customers, that I was able to join the Mandala workshop in the training room, from about midday.

I found it very therapeutic and stayed at the shop until about 3pm trying to finish my mandala. Eventually The Motivator had to leave, so we cleared the training room and packed everything away. I gathered some of the leftover paints and brushes to take home and hopefully finish my work there.

I did a little bit tonight, but my 2nd favourite Christmas movie "Elf" was on TV, so I had to stop painting and watch the movie!


Due to inclement weather, Adoring Husband didn't get the Bali Hut finished today, but he bolted the stirrups to the concrete and built the frame that the roof sits on. With that laid out on the ground, it gives a good indication of how big the hut will be and what we can fit in and around it.

It probably won't be finished before Christmas now because anybody who can help has holiday, family and Christmas commitments. A job for the new year.

Now it's time for me to sleep. I'm done for the day. It's been a pretty lazy afternoon but I feel exhausted.

Nite all.

No comments: