Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Wet Weather

My Sunday was as it should be.

Lazy and stress free.

I even swam in the pool until the rains came ... then Adoring Husband told me to get out before I got wet ... he thought he was hilarious.

While we've had some steady rain, the wind picked up tonight and we've been concerned about our umbrella over the pool.

Because of our experience with the cyclone created tornado in 2013, we opted for the strongest outdoor umbrella on the market, which cost a veritable fortune and looks amazing.

The man who owns the business where we purchased it, said that their umbrella at the shop had been up for 19 years and never folded down and was still in good condition ... they have never had a problem.

It is supposed to withstand category two winds and the guys who installed it said NOT to fold it down if it got windy.

The BOM states that category two winds equal 125 - 164kph winds. The warranty that was sent to us states that the umbrella needs to be folded up if 55kph.

Lots of different information from lots of different sources.

We have left the umbrella open.

Time will tell.

I've been reviewing my year. In 2018 my wishes and goals included:

  • Enrolling and participating in DDT's business boot camp.
  • Developing, improving and growing The Happy Abode.
  • Creating and running photography workshops.
  • Designing and printing a calendar showcasing my photography.
  • Maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
  • Becoming a magnesium filtered pool owner.
  • Earning an amazingly awesome income.
My vision board for 2018 is on the wall at the shop, so I can't check that I've put everything from that onto my list here.

I did NOT fulfil two of those things on my list.

I did NOT maintain a healthy lifestyle and my food choices have been very poor this year, getting worse as the year wore on. I've gained weight, my joints ache and I wake up feeling much less energised than I did a year ago. This will probably be on top of my priority list for 2019. I liked how I felt, physically, mentally and emotionally in 2018 and I want to feel that again.

I did NOT earn an amazingly awesome income. Knowing that it takes a year or two to establish a business well enough to create any kind of income, I'm not upset about this one ... it will come ... and I will continue working on that in 2019.

I'm going to create a new vision board and choose my word of inspiration for the year very soon. There will be a new list of wishes and goals. I'm going to challenge myself even further in 2019.

Watch this space!

Nite all.

No comments: