Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 21, 2018

Pouring the Paint

I didn't see it in action, but I did see the final results. (The Motivator took photos that haven't been posted yet, so I'll share them as soon she puts them on our FB page).

The paint pouring exercise was a success and the artwork that the Paint Pourer created was amazing.

The Motivator is now motivated to practice what she learned today!

The other ladies enjoyed the experience too and we already have names down for the first paint pouring workshop in 2019.

I arrived at the shop at 7.20am and finished pricing and displaying most of the stock that had arrived yesterday, then The Motivator and I cleared the mess ready for the paint pouring group.

It was a huge sales day in the shop and The Motivator stayed late to accommodate the straggling shoppers.

While I had every intention of swimming this afternoon, time slipped away and it was time to get ready for the club.

It was nice to have Adoring Husband join me tonight.

Lady Lynn was the only winner at our table ... because she touched my new citrine pendant and took away all my luck

🤪🤪🤪

I thought a swim might be nice tonight after we got home, but by the time I cooked dinner and finished watching the original 'Planet of the Apes' movie, I had lost the will to swim and now it's almost 11pm and I have to work tomorrow, so it's probably not worth the effort.

I'll save it up for tomorrow.




I really love that last one.

Actually, I really love all three of them.

Time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: