Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Day of Mental Productivity

Even though it was my day off, I woke up 15 minutes before my alarm - it's permanently set for 5.55am.

I actually got to do some of the 'things' on that list.

I started by reading some of The Gypsy's first book and I completed some of the 'actions' at the end of the first few chapters. Actions are writing exercises, which I really enjoyed.


As you can see, my bed was covered with books, journals and laptop.

I did some journalling and wrote about six foolscap pages.

I got out of bed to cook some food and after I snacked on a couple of pork sausages, I returned to my office (aka my bed)

I flicked through the 'My Shining Biz' work book and wrote a few notes, but just couldn't get into it,

I noticed that Thor was on our bedroom window! So I found a container and thought that I'd be able to catch and release him - until I realised that he was on the other side of the window between the glass and the fly screen.



My hand is still about an inch away from Thor so the perspective still doesn't quite show how big he is.

This meant that I had to tell Adoring Husband about Thor - just in case he decided to open the window and got freaked out. I'm not sure how I'm going to free Thor from his current position - unless I can pull the screen off from the outside.

AH is not happy about sleeping in the bedroom with Thor and doesn't trust that the window is sealed. He strongly considered sleeping on his chair in the lounge room all night, but surprisingly, has gone to bed.

Soon after my re-introduction to Thor, I could hear the pool calling me, so I changed into my swimmers, put a load of washing in the machine, grabbed a towel and some of my books and paperwork from the bed to put into the Bali bed for later and quickly waded into the water.

The water was quite tepid. I swam a few laps, did my 50 jumps, 50 twists, 50 kicks and then perched myself on my meditation seat. Adoring Husband joined me on the seat for a while and after a couple of hours, I lay in the Bali bed and did some more reading, but the music was distracting me so I lay with my eyes closed listening to that instead.

It was 5pm when I came inside to prepare dinner - a salsa with mango, pear, tomato, cucumber, avocado and spring onion with a balsamic vinegar dressing. I put that on a bed of rocket and served ti with crispy skinned chicken thighs.

I made a new fruit whip for dessert - banana, red pawpaw, dragon fruit, pineapple, coconut cream, maple syrup and salt. I made a walnut toffee mix by spreading some raw walnuts onto grease proof paper, drizzling maple syrup over the top then sprinkling with Himalayan salt and cooking in a hot oven for about 8 minutes.

It was delicious chopped and sprinkled over the fruit whip.

Friday is my second day off work and I plan on getting my washing up to date and doing some housework - as long as the motivation levels remain high!

I'm off to bed and it's not even 9.30pm yet! I could make a habit of this!

Nite all.  

No comments: