Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A Great Start

It was a GREAT start to the day having coffee with the girls.

There were lots of laughs - especially when I told the story of THOR - which I will relate here one day, when the story has more depth and a satisfactory ending.

There were lots of medical stories and fitness stories and pet stories and plans made.

Most of the girls had a little shop and our morning was done before 11am.

It was a slow but steady day in the shop with some new young faces in the mix and an unusually quirky young lady from the water who paid me a second visit today and was in for a chat.

I got quite a few chores done including cleaning the back room ready for meditation, some dusting, cleaning the loo, restocking the button trays, sending some mail, emptying all the bins ready for bin night etc.

There are still things on my list that didn't get done ...


Adoring Husband helped me shut up shop but I didn't leave until almost 4pm. My intention was to swim but that didn't happen and then I planned to float in the water at 7.30 to watch some interesting sky action, but the cloud cover put a stop to that.

We had a version of Hainan Chicken for dinner with fruit whip for dessert.

Gotta be up early in the morning for meditation so I'm off to bed.

You may or may not know who you are, but if you're reading this, I'm talking to you ...


Nite all.

No comments: