Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 11, 2019

A Quick Trip

Adoring Husband and I made what was supposed to be a quick trip into The Bay today.

He needed a new battery for his ride on mower and I wanted a 'golden pig'.

Chinese New Year is 5th February and this year will be the year of the pig. A golden pig would represent abundance and I wanted to place it in the money corner of The Happy Abode to bring us good luck in the Year of the Pig!

No golden pigs to be found!

I tried the Chinese Grocery and Gift store on Bideford St.

I tried Heaps Discounts in Stocklands.

I tried the newsagent in Stocklands.

I tried Mind, Body and Soul on the Esplanade.

I tried King Kong on Islander Rd.

I contacted Tinkerbell's on the Esplanade.

Nobody has any golden pigs.

So I bought two dragon eggs with dragons hatching out of them to put under the tree beside the pool - for a Chicklet surprise when she visits this year.

I bought a doorstop covered in peace signs and the word 'peace' to hold the gate open when we are in the pool so that the psychotic dogs can come and go as they please.


I bought a small sitting buddha to put in the garden near the pool.

I bought a jade buddha necklace.

I bought a new sound bar because mine is at the shop and has almost seen it's last days.


I bought a season of Grey's Anatomy, Mama Mia - Here We Go Again and The Book Club on dvd.

I checked my Powerball ticket and was pleased to see that nobody won my $80 million and now I can win the $100 million next week!

I replaced some make up that I'd run out of.

I bought some groceries - celery, capsicum, cucumber, grapes and paleo bread.

I bought some crystal rocks for focus, abundance, magical luck, knowledge, intellect, vitality and purpose. The crystals were jade, apatite, sodalite, goldstone and merlinite.


I bought two gifts to give for birthday presents this year.

So the quick trip turned into quite an expensive outing and took most of the day.

I did manage to get some washing done, but the remaining housework will wait for another day!

Our table was very lucky at the club tonight with 5 or 6 prizes being won. I didn't get any raffle tickets because they sold out and didn't have any spares to start another book! Unheard of!

I'd best get to bed because it's after 11pm and I have to work tomorrow as well as pack for our road trip to the Sunny Coast. The Motivator and I are driving down to go shopping in IKEA as well as have a quick browse of Montville where we will be staying in an air bnb.

It's been too long since we had some fun together like this and I'm really looking forward to it!

Have a great weekend!

Nite all.

No comments: