Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 12, 2019

We Made It!

It was a quick and easy drive to Montville - says me, the passenger!

We found our accommodation easily and our hosts are super friendly and super lovely. The home is amazing. The guest house, where we are accommodated, is divine. The view is breathtaking. Anne’s little gallery, full of her pottery pieces, is delightful. Anne’s studio where she creates her art is wonderful.

I so wish I’d brought my camera. Already, the photographic opportunities have captured my imagination and I will have to resort to the phone camera. I’ll take photos in the morning and post them here tomorrow night.

We arrived after 6pm and by the time we were given the tour and chatted with Anne and Tim, it was well after 7pm and we decided to snack on the nuts and fruit that we’d packed instead of going out for dinner. We should be famished by morning!

The Motivator ran a great paint pour workshop this morning and I manned the shop. Sales were very slow until the last hour when it picked up considerably and saved the day.

All in all it’s been a great day!

This is short and sweet - just so you know we are alive and kicking.

Nite all.

No comments: