Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 13, 2019

We're Ba-ack!

What an exhausting but fabulous trip!

This is "Anne's Place" on Main Street in Montville.



A beautiful home perched on the edge of the mountain with amazing views ...





... including a guest house, an art studio and a gallery for sales of her beautiful pottery.

Anne and her husband were warm and welcoming and very accommodating - especially regarding our dietary requirements and the guest house had everything we needed, was very comfortable and we could easily have stayed there for a week.

There were no TV stations, but there was a good selection of DVDs in the cupboard to keep us amused for hours.

It was only half a kilometre from town, so after a delicious breakfast overlooking those views, and purchasing some of Anne's wares, we made our way to the Main Street of Montville early on Sunday and began our little shopping spree.

A pair of shoes, a bracelet, another birthday gift later we were trying to decide whether to leave for IKEA or have an early lunch ... when we remembered that Anne had told us about the Waffle House that served GF waffles and that they had received rave reviews.

The Motivator and I have been following our fresh food policy for twelve days and were hesitant to break it, but ... WAFFLES ... so we found the little gem of a cafe and each ordered a GF waffle with bacon, banana and maple syrup.

OMG ... TO-DIE-FOR! I would take a day trip to Montville just to sit down to those waffles again.

From there, we had made appointments with a Tarot Reader, so The Motivator went first while I wandered through the shops. I bought a top. I wandered through the Landscape Photographer's gallery, found a jeweller who designed and created his own pieces and ALMOST ordered a pendant ...


... but I need to ask for something a tiny little bit different to this.

By then it was time for my appointment with the Tarot Reader, whose name I cannot for the life of me remember, but The Motivator has her card and details.

She told me lots of stuff that I wanted to hear and some things that I didn't want to hear - nothing bad though - and she was a fabulously wild and energetic and enthusiastic and flamboyant and a beautiful mature woman in her 60s. So glad that we had the readings!

From there we really wanted some fresh juice, but surprisingly there was nothing available in Montville, so we jumped in the car and drove in the direction of Northlakes and IKEA. It took an hour but it was a good run and thankfully there was a Boost Juice in the shopping centre near IKEA so we grabbed a Mint Condition juice each, got side tracked by Skechers shoe store where I purchased ANOTHER pair of shoes and eventually made our way into IKEA.

We hadn't left ourselves much time so we rushed to the sections that we needed, had a short browse in a couple of other sections and as we wheeled our giant trolley to the checkout, the announcement came over the loud speaker that the store was closing in 15 minutes.

We had a momentary panic attack when we realised that we hadn't taken any notice of where we'd parked the car - but thankfully, between us, it didn't take long to figure it out and once we found it, we very efficiently folded the back seat down and packed everything in beautifully.

It was another easy run home and I must say that it's exhausting being a passenger!!

We arrived home at 8pm. I had put all of my bags of shopping in one section of the car, so it was easy to unpack. I did end up with a couple of The Motivators shopping bags, but I'll deliver them to her tomorrow.

It's now after 11pm and I have to work tomorrow, so it's bed time for me. Being out of my bed last night, and even though it was very comfortable at Anne's Place, I did not sleep well, so I'm feeling very weary tonight.

Welcome to Monday!

Nite all.

No comments: