Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Sweet Day

It was a nice easy start to the day and I arrived at work with plenty of time to go grab a takeaway coffee before The Motivator arrived and we opened the doors together.

It was a typically quiet Saturday morning - it's almost enough to consider not opening on the weekends at all. Luckily, our workshops are making up for the slack in weekend sales!

My photography workshop was cancelled at the last minute, but the workshop in February is looking pretty healthy at this point in time.

We made some design plans for the training room.

I created some posts for our Facebook and Instagram accounts.

We talked a lot about nothing and everything and something and anything.

We each have our own little projects for the shop that we work on from time to time and we did a bit of that too.

Right now, we are organising our trip to Sydney for the gift fair. The Motivator has booked our accommodation and we'll book our flights next week.

Adoring Husband arrived right on 1pm and had finished his flood boat training much earlier than expected. That was our cue to close the shop and head home.

AH and I did some team building and cleaned the toilet, bathroom and laundry before collapsing into the pool at around 2.30pm.

There was beautiful music playing through the sound bar and the umbrella created the perfect amount of shade for protection from that stinking hot sun that seemed to cut right into the skin. The water was the perfect temperature for cooling our work weary bodies down and while AH behaved like an unsupervised ten year old, I behaved like a sick and tired Mother of a ten yr old. There was much eye rolling to be had.

At about 3.30pm The Motivator arrived for her invitational swim and we had a lovely time lolling about in the water and talking about rubbish and laughing and giggling - we even slipped a couple of serious subjects into the mix.

At 5pm we both removed ourselves from the water because we had planned on doing roasts for dinner. She was doing lamb and I was doing chicken. We hugged goodbye and I changed out of my wet swimmers and headed straight to the kitchen.

I decided to bake two chicken Marylands with sweet potato, pumpkin, red capsicum, zucchini, onion, carrot and cauliflower steaks. I lay them all on a bed of baby spinach and drizzled balsamic vinegar over them. It was yummy.

While I was cooking all of that I lay macadamias, cashews, slivered almonds, pecans and pistachios on some baking paper, drizzled some maple syrup and sprinkled some salt and baked them in a hot oven for 15 minutes. When I took it out to cool, the maple syrup turned to toffee so I could break it all up and sprinkle it over our fruit whip dessert.

After I took all of that out of the oven, I put a whole chicken in there to bake ready for tomorrow's lunch and dinner.

Tonight I'm watching the tennis (instead of Grace and Frankie) because there are a couple of Aussies playing. Bolt lost his match in three sets and the other young 19yr old, Popyrin, is two sets down and playing a tie breaker for the third.

It's after 10pm and I think I'm done for the day. I'll be falling asleep in bed with the tennis on a timer.

Nite all.  

No comments: