Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 18, 2019

G&F is Back!

Grace and Frankie is back!!

I haven't watched any of it yet because I want to be able to binge watch the entire season. Saturday afternoon could be my aim!

My day was reasonably productive - I cleared the stockpile of 'stuff' that I had gradually built up on the dining table over the last couple of weeks and the other 'stuff' that I had laid all over the lounge in the family room.

I decluttered some of the old recipe books and magazines from the book shelf as well as some old novels and wedding books. I removed about 30 items, just to make a start.

I got all my personal washing up to date.

I cleared some emails.

I did a reading out of one of The Gypsy's books.

I swam and exercised in the pool for about 45 minutes before making myself presentable for the club.

It was a losing night for me and our group at the club tonight - no lotsapots, no pokie wins, no keno wins, no raffle wins no membership draw wins.







They were the quotes that tickled my fancy this morning. I think I'll get an early night - or at least go to bed to watch the tennis. I'm watching the young Australian girl Birrell play against the number 2 player in the world. I don't think she has a chance, but it will be a good experience for her and she will learn a lot.

Work tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: