Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Bright Start

Meditation today was ... there are no words to describe it.

For the first time, we had a full house.

There was something special about the way The Gypsy delivered the meditation this morning.  It was a room overflowing with emotion and wonderment. She was emanating love and I could physically feel the glow.

The new ladies spilled tears as emotions overwhelmed them and afterwards they left the shop raving about how much they needed this and were looking forward to attending every week.

I actually felt emotional myself and shared a lot of hugs all round.

It was another perfect start to the day.

It was also another quiet sales day, although it was a big improvement on yesterday!

There was time to do other stuff like pay some bills, decide upon our new insurance provider and sign up for a new policy, find the email that I couldn't find last night and verify that our ad would be in the newsletter,

We began making plans for our trip to Sydney and the gift fair, pricing the accommodation and air fares.

The day passed quickly and I was home by 3.30pm. I got to watch the Australian girl Kimberley Birrell play her final set to win her round two tennis match in the Australian Open and then I tried on all of my new swimmers, chose one of them and headed out to the pool.

Adoring Husband and I spent about an hour in there cooling down, but eventually had to get out for dinner.

I did a quick nosh up of pumpkin cubes, onion, mushroom, zucchini, baby spinach, chilli, onion salt, chicken broth, coconut yoghurt and chicken. It was quite delicious.

For dessert I did another fruit whip accompanied by the toffees pecan pieces.

It's almost 11.30pm and I have the day off tomorrow. Sleeping in will be very nice indeed.

Nite all.  

No comments: