Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Oh Crap

It seems that the Universe decided to spend the entire day testing me - only in very small ways - but they were noticeable - to me.

My morning with the girls was the highlight of the day, especially when The Motivator joined us near the end ... even though it was her day off ... even though she came in and worked her butt off in the back room for about three hours lol.

The back room looks pretty fabulous with the new cube cupboard against the wall and it helps keep most of the art and craft stuff tidy and out of the way.

There were probably ten customers through the door today and only one paying customer.

We had a power failure at around 12.30pm and the power wasn't restored until 3pm. No customers walked through during that time - oh actually, one lady came in to ask if there was room for her to attend meditation tomorrow!

I took the two avocados that Adoring Husband picked from our tree over a week ago, for lunch, because he reckoned the skin was lifting itself from the flesh and they must be ripe. They were not ripe and even though they felt soft to touch, they were actually very hard inside and impossible to cut or mash the way I like them. This meant that I had to go buy an avocado from the shop.

I walked to the Butcher to buy meat for dinner tonight, but they closed early due to the blackout.

When I returned to the shop - and by this time, I had pulled everything inside, closed the blinds and put the 'closed' sign on the door - a young couple decided to ignore all of that and pushed the door open to came inside. Even the lights were out, but they chose to wander around for a look even though I was standing there with all of my paraphernalia to go home!

They said they would return tomorrow and possibly even attend meditation. We'll see.

As I pedalled up our street, I was frantically trying to open the garage door with the remote which I have dangling from my handlebars for easy access and a smooth entry into our garage. Adoring Husband had not reset it after the power was restored, so the door would not open.

This meant that I had to park my trike halfway in the garden and carry all my stuff through the side gate, through to the back of the house and then spend ten minutes team building with Adoring Husband while he figured out how to reset the garage door.

😳

I took a curry out of the freezer for Adoring Husband's dinner and put it into the oven to thaw and heat. When it was ready, I attempted to lift it out of the oven and tipped it quite sharply so that a LOT of the curry sauce spilt all through the oven, onto the oven door and onto the floor.

Ugh.

I didn't even have the energy to go for a swim this afternoon!

I realised that today was the last day to get our ad submitted for the local newsletter, so I spent part of the evening designing that.  When I emailed it to the editor, she informed me that an invoice was emailed to us on 5th January to be paid by 12th January. I searched through my emails, but have not received any invoice - perhaps it was sent to The Motivator? A job for tomorrow.

So you see, lots of little things, but I feel like the universe must have been overwhelmed by my gratitude yesterday and decided to test me today, just to see how genuine my gratitude is.

I know, I'm just a whinger lol.

At least our temperature was only 29C today, and not 46C like in Griffith. I feel for everyone in the southern states who are suffering through such intolerable conditions. I remember weeks in a row of 40+ temperatures when I was living in Griffith, but I don't recall it ever being 46C.

Anyway it's 10pm and I need to be up early for meditation tomorrow so ...

Nite all.

No comments: